Adventures in Cooking

Friday, April 23, 2004

Tofu Burger Mix

I have a secret love of convenience foods, though I do steer clear of them as much as I can. I just like the super space-age promises of making my life easier, and the seemingly endless combinations of super easy and quick tastes available.

I was so excited to stumble across this collection of homemade convenience foods. The first I made up were a few batches of the above linked tofu burger mix. I really like it! It has been my lunch staple this week (tofu burger that is). I jazzed mine up somewhat by adding vegetarian stif fry sauce, louisiana hot sauce, and liquid smoke to the wet mix. I also had to add some salt since I didn't use the soy sauce.

This is my kind of convenience food! I get to control what goes in the convenience mixes, and it's cheaper than prepackaged mixes to boot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home