Adventures in Cooking

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Gadget-philes
This weekend we bought a small smoker (with electric heating element) and a pasta machine (hand cranked).

We have already put them to good use.

Saturday we made fettucine and served it tossed with arugula, kalmatas, and gruyere (I would show you a picture, but don't you think that past always looks like worms in photos?). It was divine.

Sunday I bought a nice piece of steelhead trout. D cured it overnight in salt and brown sugar and some other secret spices, and we smoked it yesterday. It was like fish ham. It was ridiculously good.

I also threw a block of tofu in the smoker, as I've never seen smoked tofu in the shops here. I had chicken-fried smoked tofu tonight with a wilted spinach salad (wilted with a nice mushroom and red wine vinegar saute) and smashed parsley potatoes. It was lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home